Monday, February 08, 2010

Must I ?

Must I believe what I see, hear and read if it is totally insane and unbelievable?

I heard on local radio that a new study proves that childhood obesity can be avoided by more sleep and less TV.

I saw a big, white king cab pickup truck hauling a big, black zero proximity riding mower as it slowly passed by my window at 8:15 AM this morning on my dead end lane when white out conditions afforded almost zero visibility and my thermometer registered 3 degrees.

I read that 1% of Americans pay 1/3 of taxes ( which isn’t shocking so here’s another read). “Mompreneurs” balance work-life. They have names like Shazi, Shannon, Liane, Gigi and Mary who as an elitist makes up for her common moniker with children names of Sunny and Sadie. They tap into the baby market in organic frozen foods, organic food pouches ( with a recall on apple carrot for fear of botulism), baked cheese puffs, hi-fiber cookies and fiber rich fruit drinks because “food is not nutritious enough.” A sample offering of a duo of 3.5 oz. fruit cups sells for $4.00.

My mind must accept facts but at the same time reject them outright as beyond reason. Of course, a study must have an agenda, America must have its ‘crazy’ consumers, liberal sellers must have buyers and reality must be faced even though my faith in God’s creatures is sorely tested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home