Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Part 3 of don't believe

Don’t believe in surveys. Rather than provide information, they push an agenda. In a 2007 Whirlpool survey of 2,500 customers, some 78% of respondents claimed they washed approximately 9 loads of laundry a week. Impossible. The major premise of any survey rests on who is selected for questioning on a ‘loaded’ question designed to prove or disprove a goal of the entity doing the survey. With 6 children to keep clean, I never filled my washer more than 3 times a week in the ‘old’ days. Furthermore, my used washers did not hold 18 or 20 lbs of laundry. Do I feel cheated now that I put truth to another ‘elitist’ lie? No, my conservatism and common sense puts a lie to a ‘supposed’ truth from a survey. I suspect the Whirlpool customers surveyed owned fancy washers and dryers, not the ‘make-do’ machines in my past.

Another survey demonstrates that only 27% of Americans think Obama is responsible for the economic ‘mess’ bogging down this country. Yet, his approval rating is only at 50%. When the survey asks whether a vote in the November congressional elections would be “a vote to send a signal of opposition” to the president, do you think most citizens can decode this wording? Never underestimate the ignorance of the people and the cleverness of pollsters. President Carter in hard economic times, put on a sweater; Obama literally, just cranks up the heat in the Oval Office. Obama knows how to talk the talk but he can’t walk the walk. I ask a legitimate question. “What percentage of Americans approve of his hedonistic, wasteful lifestyle, a bad example of all 7 deadly sins - pride, greed, anger, lust, envy, gluttony and sloth. Think about it. A state of of OBAMA speech tonight. More upcoming flights - to Florida and New Hampshire? Waste, waste, waste, waste. I hate waste. A survey of my instincts tells me Obama wastes money, while his Rome burns.

If a survey shows Obama’s job approval and handling of the economy at 50%, given any margin of error, a civil war looms. Surveys, of course, are useless, so

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I dream the collection should secure more info then it has.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home