Wednesday, July 03, 2019

A tragedy

45,000 barrels of Bourbon up in flames at a Jim Beam warehouse.  A tragedy, whether set off by a stroke of lightning or not, a tragedy of the hottest order.

An aside.  My reading of the Gettysburg Address made me aware of the fact that Lincoln used the word "here" frequently, too frequently perhaps? Did he want to portray a sense of immediacy?

Now to my red meat observation, that whatever, WHATEVER a leftist, a Democrat, an extreme liberal or a hate-America anti-Trumper says, reality is just the opposite.  Whatever you are told by our enemy, rest assured the opposite is truth.

Radio advertising nonsense today is "extra affordable" and a "true guarantee"; more murder of  the English language. 

My philosophical window opens to the fact that each of us human beings is unique.  This realization came to me after my diagnosis of hyperlipoproteinemis.  Can't pronounce it, but research says I'm a freak again. Each of us can claim to be special, sui generis  in the hands of God.       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home