Sunday, November 07, 2010

'Tis the Time for Thanks'

Mumbling aloud or under one’s breath might be construed as a Jack Nicholson shining madness moment, but for me it meant shock and awe. When I was in Wal-Mart recently, I observed an American Flag rimmed with red lights on the extreme West wall. Then I walked through the Christmas ‘section’ and down the center aisle. How sweet the eye candy! Thousands and thousands of wondrous offerings are on sale for this Christmas season. “Amazing! Unbelievable!” I muttered to myself. From $1.00 poinsettias to dozens of trees, multitudes of decorations and innumerable lights. Walking past a solid wall of perfume, the perfume (literally) reminded me of incense from angels hovering over a new born baby, the inspiration for all things equal to retail madness. All things, however, all gifts - red, green, gold, white, twinkling, caroling, feasting, unwrapped or stored as treasures, should remind us of one important thing. Here in America, “tis the time for thanks.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home