Saturday, November 10, 2007

Half slave or half free

Abraham Lincoln believed that this nation cannot endure permanently half slave and half free. But our nation has and does so endure. Many Americans are still enslaved to ignorance when they call Barak Obama, a Democrat candidate for President in 2008, the "great white hope." Actually he is a great white lie, emotional in its appeal to victim hood, racism and governmental paternalism. His sermonizinger about his dream of a color-blind society is just a dream because America is more color-blind today than ever in its history and more filled with possibility for the individual. The fact that potential is often not turned into act by blacks or whites is not the fault of our Constitutional system.

Mitt Romney, a Republican candidate for President, thinks that "someone from outside Washington" will win in 2008. I am that candidate. Democrat candidate, Mr. Obama, represents Washington deludes his fans into believing otherwise. Mr. Obama harkens back to the transforming revolution of the 1960's, which neglects to point out is the source of the devastation of our present culture. Fortunately I was unaware of the 60's emancipation because I was enjoying my submission to marriage. Mr. Romney also contends that he must win Michigan, Florida and perhaps Ohio to become President. I make my home far from Washington in rural Ohio. Mr. Romney contends his programs are tough, aimed at making America better. As a contrast he notes that the other leading contender in the 2008 election, Hellary Clinton, maintains a toughness that simply fuels her desire for power. My idea of a tough leader is Margaret Thatcher, past Prime Minister of Great Britain, who woman or no stood behind her agendas.

Each and every conservative hopeful in the upcoming election echoes all of my talking points to lead this great country into the 21st century. Other hopefuls and I differ in that I have lived my conservativism far from Washington in anonymity. As candidate for President, I readily concur with conservatives that criminals and government are the main enemies of the people. I add ignorance. Policies and innovations that Obama or Hellary represent are lies. Nothing short of a revolution in thought and action based on reality and common sense can save us now. The opening (not closing ) of American minds to truths will lead us out of our present darkness that obscures for young and old alike, the possibilities of glorious lives enlightened by individual freedom and responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home