Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Can't drink to that

A new Ohio law just took away my right to purchase my favorite sherry via the phone. Thanks to our new Governor Strickland, who is courting the liquor lobbyists and distributors to cement Democrat votes, I can no longer place order with a winery that in turn will simply ship my sherry to me. One price-controlled liter at a time, I may now only purchase from a retail establishment but since my delicacy is not available locally, I’m left high and dry.

For the sake of political power and patronage, we mere taxpayers are left high and dry, silent in our majority opinions. Persons of good sense agree with me. Good sense and good health are two of life’s greatest blessings. Over-paid, prominent CEO’s caught in scandals of illegal or questionable behavior don’t possess common sense. My new Governor surely lost his somewhere along the way to the statehouse. I guess I will need to put mine through some serious psychological counseling. And I won’t even be able to drink to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home