Wednesday, January 04, 2012

My Red Bowl

New Year 2012 is bowl time. Not football, but time to retire my red bowl. Quarterback to numerous breakfast cereals over the years, it is now not down and out but sent up and out to the 'pasture' of memories. To clarify, my red, plastic cereal bowl from the 1970's of child-raising and lowered income is finally consigned to its proper place (heaven forbid the dust bin) in an upper room of my home. There reside old, vintage, antique or now useless items of memorabilia. Past toys, a butter churn, a collage of favorite animals, pictures, auction acquisitions, a velvet cape, childhood photos and doll, dishes, clothes, a cow bell, dog license tags, aged books, etc.., you get the picture of a collection. My red bowl NOW joins the crowd. Clean and ever-ready after years of washing and microwaving, resting on an antique drop front desk ( minus the drop front), my red bowl rests, upstairs in our home on Heath Lane as history. No remorse or withdrawal symptoms will accompany my decision. Happy were the days of its usefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home