Sunday, October 30, 2011

No rubber room

What has replaced the rubber room? A pediatric swing secured to a steel beam above the ceiling. Pediatric therapy for childlren with autism and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder ( or other diagnoses) now can utilize the swing to redirect their energy to focus on listening and learning skills. It has many attachments to hold and secure children of various ages and weights. Rocking is the body's natural way to calm nerves. Don't I know. I shake my head hard enough to rock my whole body at such politically correct nonsense. It certainly calms my nerves but not long enough because the next best therapy is a stiff drink of sherry. The rubber room's been replaced by a swinging cage. Disregarding the truly few unreachable autistic children, what can one say when therapists are paid to 'help' children who have had no proper, prior parenting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home