Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Solar by Soldier

Hear ye, hear ye, have you heard about “solar by soldiers”? Another program to hire - this time around - veterans in the name of environmental, political correctness. I hear it announced that a local building will have solar panels installed by veterans. Obama’s version of economics scores again. Affirmative action or racial preferences are ‘transformed’ into picking and choosing ( for the sake of political point scoring) veterans to install solar panels. More jobs created or saved? Yes, No. Just more trips back to Animal Farm.

2 Comments:

Blogger TipEnergy-CTO said...

I believe that you are incorrect. I am the CTO of the company hiring them, I started this out of my personal passion. This has absolutely zero to do with Obama. This has to do with the egregious fact that over 27% of our veterans are out of work, or worse yet homeless. Everyone makes choices, but the fact that many don't have the opportunity when they get back is horrible to put it mildly. We just feel it's the right thing to do. We are a small company, who is trying to make a difference. I have many personal reasons why I am passionate about this. Too many to list here. This is one of the fastest growing industries. It only makes sense that we can place veterans with jobs that will be there for a while. I believe that people who are against our fine, honorable soldiers getting jobs, regardless of industry, should take a deeper look at themselves.

8:49 PM  
Blogger CAROLYN said...

Thank you for the correction. If you are doing this all on your own time with your own money - great. My issue is with government's intrusion into our lives and liberties. Also, you do not know how deeply involved I have been in soldiers' lives.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home