Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy (Fat) Father's Day

Happy Father's day! I'll plunk a plump chicken greased with olive oil and coated with lemon pepper onto a pop can 1/2 filled with wine. I'll pop it into the oven for 2 hrs. at 350 degrees. I'll serve it accompanied with home-made-on-the-stove gravy thickened with flour and margarine and cheesy scalloped potatoes also hot from the oven. The crispy skin, the source of tasty fat,is stripped off and feasted on first. Flesh follows.

My local radio station suggests that it being Father's Day, I should give him the "gift of better health." Thanks but no thanks for the usual, useless, insulting advice. Living and acting contrary to everything heard from the news media and our benevolent dictators in Washington today - is the only way to health and happiness. Happy Father's Day to my one and only man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home