Thursday, May 26, 2011

No, not Sarah too

No, not Sarah too - acquiring the trapping of a luxurious domicile. As a conservative, tried (pun intended) and true in lifestyle, it pains me to admit that even Sarah has bought into American living on steroids. The acquisition of her 8000 sq. ft. Arizona, gated, circular drive, desert-landscaped mansion, with 6-car garage, home theatre, pool, wine and billiard rooms, could have been substituted with a moderate office commensurate with her Presidential run. Perhaps this purchase says she will not run, but a run means she'll run without my unadulated support My philosophical frugality disapproves of this lavish purchase.

Yes, I own an old, large, home. Yes, I own one cactus. Yes I have one 13 yr. old car purchased used parked in a 2-car garage. Yes, I have no need for a home theatre because TV is not worth watching. Yes, I don't swim. Yes, I don't play pool. Yes, I don't drive (or walk) into my home in a circle. Yes, I'm not gated; rather I'm faced with such an open window that I can monitor the comings and goings of all my neighbors, day and night. Yes, my wine is stored in a damp, dirty cellar. Yes, I live within my means.

Yes, Sarah's accomplishments, ego and drive have afforded her the opportunity to live within her luxurious means. I'll grant her that. (Incidentally, I dipped into both of her books and also grant her every measure of success). But apparently I'm still the SOLE SURVIVING conservative aware of the need to restore our beloved country with my symbolic presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home