Monday, April 05, 2010

MODERN INSANITY

Commenting on D-Day and the beginning of Operation Overlord on June 6, 1944, President Roosevelt said that America’s sons “have set upon a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion and our civilization.” Yes, here is one of the few times I can agree with our past Christian President. America is a Christian nation, a Happy Easter abides. The acknowledgment of a God who created the universe that innately longs to satisfy a desire to know Him, is not only pre-modern but perennially modern. Is there any other way to explain religion over the millennia? Today’s post-modern, post-American President, unfortunately, claims his war in Afghanistan will preserve peace, diversity and tolerance. America is now a harmless enemy and a faithless friend to the rest of the world. The Christian religion is far in the back of his post-modern mind.

On an unrelated note (other than to prove we live in an age of post-modern insanity), a microbiologist professor for 37 years at Yale warns against drinking raw milk. I am living proof of his error and ignorance. After 70 years I sit here typing my living proof that on a “dose-acquisition basis” (professor jargon), drinking raw milk did not present a higher risk of disease for me and my family than “having sex without a condom.” In fact, without a condom, sex had already produced 6 children available to lap up raw Jersey milk, cream and cheese. 8 in a household was never enough to absorb the abundance of nature’s flowing gift. In my post-modern world, I cannot find satisfaction in processed, grocery milk. What do I substitute? If you don’t ask, I won’t tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home