Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Nostradumous

Of whom do I think when I refer to Nostradumous - the oracle on the hill of egotism and self-promotion?   Glenn Beck, of course.  What is the point of reference when I am told "A lot of momentum to get better in your life," awaits you?  A dentist's office visit, of course.  What company tels me in its ad that  "change is how you grow forward?"   A heating and air business, of course, on local radio.  I'm sickofit - daily edicts from Nostradumous, ignorant ads and yes, statements like "its looking better for Joesee," referring to a baseball player known to the spokesperson but whose name IS JOSE, pronounced 'hoza.'  Monumental slaughter of language and death of thought can bum out your every day unless you take a Great Course from the Teaching Company for an hour of respite and relaxation. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home