Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weasel wurst

What meat fits between yes and no on an Obama sandwich? Not maybe beef but weasel wurst. Welcoming the gays and lesbians to "their" White House, Obama said that "preventing patriotic Americans ( like gays and lesbians) from serving their country weakens our national security (how?)," ... "but as commander in chief in a time of war, I do have a responsibility to see that this change is administered in a practical way" ( meaning what, that it’s still impractical?). Yes, you should serve; no, changing the rules would be impractical. Weasel wurst at its worst, from our leader.

If our President really wanted to make a change and administer it in a practical way he would abolish the CAC , the Community Action Commission that has been around for years and just received stimulus money to give away to the ‘needy’ air conditioners and $175 to help pay for the utility bills to run them. Who might the ‘needy’ be? Anyone over 60 or with a breathing problem qualifies. No specifics were given in an interview I heard on the radio with 2 representatives from CAC other than to use the weasel word, ‘qualifies.’ Yes, I know, one should be personally responsible for proper, prior planning in life. But no, one should feel free to ask other citizens to subsidize irresponsibility. Maybe I can have it both ways like weasel wurst that says I can have my cake ( a free A/C and eat it too ( free money to run it).

My cash purchases of a used A/C and a reduced bargain A/C make me out the fool when I somehow pay my utility bill on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home