Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yahoo or Houyhnhnm?

On April 9th, 2003, I saw American soldiers bring down the 20 foot statue of Saddam Hussein in Kirdos Square, Baghdad, in real time. Why did my heart leap up and my eyes well with tears? Why did my head not bob up and down with inner musings about "Can’t we all just get along?" Why did I feel more in sympathy with the "kick- ass," Marine or "good riddance to the butcher" Iraqis than the intellectually dishonest Yahoos otherwise known as American left-learning bobble-headed liberals?

Something’s wrong on one side as opposed to the other. As Bernard Goldberg puts it, "They’re not only arrogant, they’re also two-faced and delusional." GOOD THING I SELF-IDENTIFY. I self-identify with average Americans with a median income of $31,500. Liberals self-identify with the elites whose expense accounts are $31,500. Even if I possessed a $31,500 in potency, the act of dispensing it would test my integrity as a self-identified Houyhnhnm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home