Friday, February 22, 2008

Waste not

As the lone surviving die-hard, in utero, unknown except to God, conservative in America, beholden to nobody in politics, needed by my country and available for President - I repeat my call for a renewal of our 4 freedoms:
Spend reasonably,
Save responsibly,
Choose morally,
Behave rationally.

Take my big 2 lb bag of frozen venison as an example, for which I paid a generous somebody $4.00. After I trimmed the sinew (deer meat bears virtually no fat) and sliced it into stir-fry pieces, I fried the residue in a pan for dog and cat treats. The balance of 30 oz, of my anticipated, carnivorous feast I popped into the freezer for future use. As a proper conservative, waste not, want not, is my driving force. The four freedoms must be at the forefront of my shopping experiences and meal planning.

Spending reasonably, my limit for ‘protein’ is $2.00 a pound.
Saving responsibly, the cash left over from due diligence, finds itself in a balanced mutual fund.
Choosing morally ( including the venison offered to me by a ‘friend’), I shop locally from a predetermined grocery list at an economical, discount retailer following my guidelines for offerings within my price range and searching for any bonus of a reduced bargain.
Behaving rationally, I plan my menus carefully showing respect for conserving financial and natural resources. I am rewarded when I sit down at the table for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.

What I like takes precedence over what I find distasteful (literally) because extreme denial, like extreme narcissism, is unreasonable, irresponsible, immoral and irrational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home