Saturday, August 02, 2014

Buyer of bulls… b eware


            Buyer of bulls… b eware

 

“No man can be as great as that man looks,” said Ralph Waldo Emerson of Daniel Webster.  “TR bit me and I went mad,” William Allen White said of Teddy Roosevelt. “…I appeal to you for the long line – the long, long line reaching back through the ages, and forward to the years to come – the long line of  despoiled and downtrodden people of the earth,”  spoke Clarence Darrow for the defense of Thomas I. Kidd charged with conspiracy to injure a business  (asking for Union recognition) in 1898.  “I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces (of selfishness) met their master,” were FDR’s words in 1936. Beware of a charismatic figure who CAN alter the  course of history.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home