Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Worth a $million dollars

Worth a $million dollars Who do I know to be worth a salary of a million dollars? Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Hellary Clinton for a memoir, the big O? Each worthless politician pays less taxes (I’m sure) on their millions than my candidate. I nominate our greatest living philosopher, Earl Pitts! Yes, check him out. This humorist earns his way in gold-plated observations on America’s present condition. And do you know what makes me sick? A million dollars might not be enough as far as I’m concerned to compensate him for unabashed daily wisdom. Cardinal Newman in 1831 observed that “It is as absurd to argue men, as it is to torture them, into believing.” All I can do is note that an unacceptable percentage of Americans are a long way from belief in abstract truth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home