Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pick up the mantle...

Pick up the mantle... An influential, conservative leader said it is time for some one to pick up the mantle of the Republican Party. Here I am. Conservatives need someone with courage to fight and talent to succeed. Many so-called conservatives are out here, hearing the call, but who will be chosen (an oblique reference to the conclave of Cardinals now selecting our new Pope)? Unequivocally, I oppose federal dollars filtered to the states to buy insurance policies for the poor. Unequivocally, I oppose listening to politicians who use language like “re-purpose” or “recalculate over again.” Unequivocally, I oppose public pensions that cannot be paid for by the businesses or companies sponsoring them, not the taxpayers. Illinois’ public fund liability is now 100 billion, risen from 10 billion in 2000. Luckily my exodus from Illinois corresponded with the liberal beginning of the state’s end. Unequivocally, I oppose a mass murderer appearing in court to enter his plea ( insanity or no) with a bushy beard. Prison is a prison where behavior and appearance are dictated by the state. Unequivocally, I oppose a liberal who believes bans on drinks ( smoking and trans fats) are GOOD because we need to “save people from themselves.” Unequivocally, I favor personal responsibility the absence of which accounts for most of America’s failures today. In thought and action, the right and corresponding duty of personal responsibility has eroded, yes, rotted away over time. When a person wraps a dead pony in a rag and deposits it into a drainage ditch, he/she has abandoned personal responsibility for the body ( however the death occurred). I equivocally oppose silence on this moral issue. Lastly, since the mantle of conservatism is lying on the ground awaiting pickup, I equivocally oppose the sad fact that only money can buy political candidates campaigns or office. If a billionaire must sponsor me, I equivocally promise to spend my time IN the White House, never out campaigning, always educating and encouraging the American people to see and do the right things. I will equivocally and at all times, oppose spending more money on anything by government after cutting the spending at least 30% across the board on every government entity and eliminating ineffective, liberal, irresponsible programs. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness only have meaning if the mantle of personal responsibility rests comfortably on a person’s shoulders. I’m no politician, I’m no one special, I’m conservative, I’m available to pick up the mantle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home