Thursday, August 20, 2009

TO CONGRESS

If you cannot drive a stake through the heart of the vampire ObamaCare which will suck the blood out of our whole economic system and you must consider an alternative, I have a suggestion. Today I read that Obama proposes splitting ObamaCare legislation "into two parts and pass the MOST EXPENSIVE provisions SOLELY WITH DEMOCRATIC votes (my emphasis)." Then a second bill would contain less controversial items in order to suck in Republican votes and provide cover for the whole monstrosity.
I suggest, that if you break this horror into two parts it be done like this: One bill would contain only the savings ( we can hardly stop laughing) that Obama identified Sunday: "We'll cut hundreds of billions in waste and inefficiency in federal health programs like Medicare and Medicaid." The other bill would contain all spending provisions which would become effective in two years and would only spend out of the savings from the first bill (we are rolling on the floor laughing). Seems logical and fair to me but then I am only a rube and don’t have the great insights of elitists who know what’s best for me.
Of course, in these days of government ‘double-speak’ we would need to redefine the word ‘cut’ and replace it with ‘augmented distribution’ (figure that one out). Trust your government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home