Sunday, August 09, 2009

2 1/2 profound thought

Elijah, a prophet whose name means Yahweh is my God, brought the message to the Jews, the Chosen People, that they should heed the "still, small voice," the intellectual word of revelation. Religion, we must remember, is not a self-induced sensual frenzy; rather faith is linked with reason and morality.

Benjamin Franklin tells us about "free speech, the principal pillar of free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected in its ruins."

THE ARROW AND THE SONG
I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew no where
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where
For who has sight so keen and strong
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward in an oak
I found an arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2 ½ thoughts properly applicable only to man, a rational animal, created with a conscience, a sense of freedom and a recognizable need for love.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home